Links of Interest – click headings for websites
The Halifax Public Gardens are a proud member of Canada’s Garden Route.
The Garden Route is an invitation to discover 50 magnificent gardens, including two of the “Top Five North American Gardens Worth Traveling For”. From Halifax to Victoria, garden lovers worldwide can enjoy the most astonishing gardens this country has to offer.
The Nova Scotia Dahlia Society co-hosts an annual Dahlia Festival at the Gardens. This exciting and informative event features expert discussions on successfully growing Dahlias, tours of the Dahlia beds and demonstrations by floral designers. It is a hugely successful and entertaining event which takes place at the end of August or early September. Check our Events Calendar for festival dates.
2017 TOP 10 NORTH AMERICAN GARDENS
WORTH TRAVELLING FOR
(in alphabetical order)
1. Chicago Botanic Garden, Chicago, Illinois
2. Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden, Vancouver, British Columbia
3. Ethnobotanical Garden, Oaxaca, Mexico
4. Halifax Public Gardens, Halifax, Nova Scotia
5. Hershey Gardens, Hershey, Pennsylvania
6. Jardins de Métis / Reford Gardens, Grand-Métis, Québec
7. Las Pozas, Xilitla, Mexico
8. Longue Vue House and Gardens, New Orleans, Louisiana
9. San Diego Botanic Garden, Encinitas, California
10. Tucson Botanical Gardens, Tucson, Arizona
The Nova Scotia Museum is responsible for the provincial collection of over one million artifacts and specimens. As well, we oversee the maintenance of more than 210 buildings, four floating vessels and nine locomotives.
Explore the inner beauty of the pyramids. Inside the pyramids, three biomes are in the Conservatory’s year-round displays. A fourth pyramid houses creative feature displays, changing up to eight times a year. The Muttart Conservatory preserves and grows one of Canada’s largest botanical collections, and shares knowledge and enthusiasm with visitors.