Links of Interest – click headings for websites
The Halifax Public Gardens are a proud member of Canada’s Garden Route.
The Garden Route is an invitation to discover 50 magnificent gardens, including two of the “Top Five North American Gardens Worth Traveling For”. From Halifax to Victoria, garden lovers worldwide can enjoy the most astonishing gardens this country has to offer.
The Nova Scotia Dahlia Society co-hosts an annual Dahlia Festival at the Gardens. This exciting and informative event features expert discussions on successfully growing Dahlias, tours of the Dahlia beds and demonstrations by floral designers. It is a hugely successful and entertaining event which takes place at the end of August or early September. Check our Events Calendar for festival dates.
2017 TOP 10 NORTH AMERICAN GARDENS
WORTH TRAVELLING FOR
(in alphabetical order)
1. Chicago Botanic Garden, Chicago, Illinois
2. Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden, Vancouver, British Columbia
3. Ethnobotanical Garden, Oaxaca, Mexico
4. Halifax Public Gardens, Halifax, Nova Scotia
5. Hershey Gardens, Hershey, Pennsylvania
6. Jardins de Métis / Reford Gardens, Grand-Métis, Québec
7. Las Pozas, Xilitla, Mexico
8. Longue Vue House and Gardens, New Orleans, Louisiana
9. San Diego Botanic Garden, Encinitas, California
10. Tucson Botanical Gardens, Tucson, Arizona